Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

25.7.14

Persevere



























At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine from last week.
This week, I've been getting burned out. Physically and emotionally, I feel dead. The strength to get through this week of camp hasn't been here. My patience is just about gone, along with motivation to persevere. But Paige (one of the counselors) encouraged me yesterday, which helped. And I was reading my Bible, which also comforted me. I don't remember which verse it was that I read, but Philippians 3:12-14 is along the same lines. "Not that I have already attained all this or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which Go has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
So, basically, look toward being with God when you need motivation, and remember to rely on Him when you need strength. He's the only one who can help us. And He will.

Bekah Joan

8 comments:

  1. I knew I had to follow you on Bloglovin' when I read the blog description under the header ;)

    Emily
    lyndeavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. :) I like my description, too. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi! We nominated you for the Sunshine Award over at:http://sistersketches.blogspot.com/2014/07/sunshine-award-deuce.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, but I actually stopped doing tags and awards. :( It's appreciated, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post with so much meaning. Love your blog!
    -Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...