Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

31.1.14

The Sunshine Award

"For bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
the rules are:
I. thank the blogger that nominated you and link to his/her blog
II. nominate other bloggers and let them know on their blogs
III. answer a list of ten questions
IV. the Sunshine Award button must be posted on your blog
The lovely, beautiful, inspiring, amazing Elisabeth from a flyleaf nominated me. *Blushes.* Thank you, m'dear.
The Ten Questions: (you can either answer these questions or make up your own 10 questions and answer those. These ones are the ones in Elisabeth's post):
1. What is your favorite Scripture verse?
I feel like I've said before that my favorite Scripture verse is Isaiah 40:8. It has been for years. It still is.
"The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God will stand forever."
2. Would you sacrifice your life if it would save that of a stranger's?
You know what? I have no idea. No idea at all. Jesus died for me, so I should be willing to do the same. I hope I would. But as Tris Prior said, "A lifetime of training [in Abnegation] wasn't enough for me. My first instinct is still self-preservation." -Divergent, Veronica Roth. Sometimes I feel like this describes me, sometimes I don't.
3. Given a chance to swim with dolphins . . . would you accept?
Probably not. Well, maybe.
Okay, train of thought:
1. AHHHH THEY'RE SO BIG AND SCARYYYY.
2. Okay, they aren't that big, compared to other things you could be asked to swim with.
3. I've heard of dolphins saving people's lives before.
4. Dolphins are cool.
5. Eh, why not?
4. Are you more "fascinated" by the light or by the darkness; why?
Are we talking metaphorically or literally here? -_-
m e t a p h o r i c a l l y
fascinate- vb. to arouse the interest or curiosity of; allure.
Oh, geez. I think this is a tie-breaker. I hate to say that, but...yeah. I grew up in a Christian home. Christianity has always aroused curiosity and interest, but sometimes I don't cling to that. Sometimes, I peek around the curtain into the dark night and stare at the frolicking monsters. Why? Because they also arouse curiosity and interest. But they also arouse disgust and fear. I guess that's why I've stuck with the light this long.
l i t e r a l l y
Light. Darkness is just the absence of light, so there's really nothing to be fascinated with except the absence of the the cool stuff that glows and does awesome weird stuff.
5. Can you speak with a different accent?
Yes, but not well. I was watching Brave with some kids I was babysitting, so I was trying to speak in a Scottish accent. But I sucked. So I said that. And then Adiel's oldest daughter (she's ten, I believe) agreed. >.<
6. Would you rather be disliked or forgotten?
Forgotten. Absolutely and completely forgotten. Because you can't really forget a person even if you've never met them. (<--That is not a blanket statement. Possibly it's not even true. It depends on your definition of forget.) Because someone influences someone, who influences two people. Then those two people influence three or ten or sixty-two and the cycle goes on and on and on. Soon enough, you have a huge ripple effect that might never end.
7. Has the ocean ever filled your dreams?
Nope. I know how to swim, but I'm terrified of boats. Water is cool. I like it. But not so much that the ocean would fill my dreams.
8. Presuming you own one, how often is your journal put to use?
*Goes and checks.*
Um...well...For the past month, about once a week. Before that? Maybe twice a month.
9. Favorite fictional character of all time?
You're kidding me, right? Just one? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I think I'll go with the Doctor because he has (and will have) so many different personalities that he's like so many of my other favorite characters. So, I present, The Doctor(s).
{via}
10. What is your favorite hymn?
ABSOLUTELY In Christ Alone. <3

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Bekah! :) It's the first time I've been nominated a blog award since my blog became public in late November last year. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your answers, Bekah! :)

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THE DOCTORS AS WELL <33333

    and i love isaiah 40:8 as well--beautiful verse (: xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I do not do awards, but I love reading the posts for them...THE DOCTOR. YES YES YES. The ninth Doctor is my favorite. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah--oh well! Ten is my favorite, but Nine is absolutely fantastic. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...