Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

17.1.14

DOOM

Do you want to write a book but haven't made the time to yet? Have you contemplated doing NaNoWriMo, but then got too intimidated?
Well, I have good news for you. DOOM.
Photo from Amanda, the lovely maker of DOOM.
Officially, it stands for Definitely O-normous O-uthor Months, with the "O's" pronounced "E" and "A," respectively.
DOOM will be in March and April. We'll still be writing 50,000 words, but over two months. So, if you want to do Camp NaNoWriMo at a slower pace, or you just want to get some writing in—whatever your reason, come join us!
You can find posts on Amanda's (she came up with the idea of DOOM with a friend, I believe) blog, The Ramblings of a Wayward Author, that talk about DOOM here and here.
Personally, I'm really excited to do this. I loved doing NaNoWriMo, and I'll do it again and again and again. But I also think that if I would've done it  at a slower pace, it would've been so much better. I believe Amanda said something along the same lines.
How to Join:
-You can comment on one of the DOOM posts on Amanda's blog, letting her know you're joining.
-If you have a Facebook account, Amanda created a group for DOOM right here. Ask to join, and you're committed! (I think, anyway. It would probably still be a good idea to let her know on her blog, too, just to be all sure and stuff.)
If you have any questions, you're supposed to direct them to this email: awikoff16@gmail.com
Amanda said she wanted DOOM to have a community like NaNoWriMo, so the more people, the better!
I hope you all join us. :)

Bekah Joan
(On a completely different note, this is my 100th post. Yay, me! *Celebrates.*)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh!! I should love to do it!! :D Maybe even write the story that contains my prompt--speaking of which, POST YOUR ENTRY!!! I AM DYING TO READ IT!! ;) I might try to cover it before April 14th--the day I start my travels to America. :D This sounds like so much fun!! :D Thanks for sharing, Bekah!

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, YES! That would be so awesome! I want to know what happens. ;) And okay, okay, I will!

      Delete
  2. That's a really good idea! I reached my 50K goal for NaNoWriMo, but it seems like such a blur because of how fast it went. 61 days just might be perfect for writing a novel. You have a bit more time to focus on quality, but you're still on a tight enough time crunch that you can't afford to procrastinate. It sounds good to me!
    PS - Congrats on your 100th post, Bekah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...