Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

18.7.13

no worries

At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine for last week.
I worry too much. I'm always trying to plan ahead to make sure everything will run smoothly and stuff like that. When something goes wrong, I obsess over it and can't stop worrying.
Usually, this happens on weekends. There's so much to do, but barely any time to get it all done. So I end up stressing out and worrying while I'm doing things I would normally enjoy.
Worrying has this way of sucking all the fun out of anything. And this weekend, I did some fun things. I went swimming with my sister, I wrote in one of my stories, I watched some Doctor Who, hung out with one of my friends and my family, and a whole bunch of awesome stuff like that.
But I didn't enjoy any of those things nearly as much as I could have. I let worry take over my mind, and it cost me a weekend that could have been a lot more fun than it was.
I was reminded of two verses, Matthew 6:26-27. They've helped me to remember that God is in control, a He'll watch over me.
"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"

Bekah Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...