Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

23.6.13

God's workmanship


At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine for last week.
I didn't want to come to camp this week. I wanted to stay home in an environment where I knew I was loved and accepted. It wasn't a big deal to me that I felt God wanted me to work at camp this summer. I just wanted to stay home.
But I'm here (obviously), because I need to be. As we've been learning in Bible Round Up, we are God's workmanship. That means we're specially designed by Him. We've also learned that we're designed by Him to do good works. This summer, my good work is being a counselor-in-training here. Our verse "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." has been a wonderful reminder to me that whether I want to or not, I'm supposed to be here.
(And for the record, I'm having a lot of run and am really glad I came.)
So, for you guys, do what God tells you to. That's what we're here for. The life God has made for us is the best life we can possible have.

Bekah Joan


p.s. Bible Round Up is the devotion we do with the counselors, and our theme verse is the one quoted above—Ephesians 2:10.

1 comment:

  1. Staying home can be much easier, but I am sure you feel better doing what God wants you to do.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...